Thursday, June 14, 2007

TED | Talks | Jeff Bezos: After the gold rush, there's innovation ahead (video)

TED | Talks | Jeff Bezos: After the gold rush, there's innovation ahead (video)

Jeff Bezos, the guy that came up with Amazon, is probably on spot with how it's the beginning of the innovation on the Internet. But if history is any indication, people that come after this won't be remembered until a new paradigm or market is built on top of the Internet.

I can't exactly imagine what's possible with the rising technologies. Human-centered interfaces (or the complete disappearance of interfaces), tools that predict your behavior using AI techniques, an emerging theory of the brain, nanotechnology for intelligent materials, materials that change shape, programming genetic materials of living cells, personal fabrication, wireless power, open source hardware, social management agents, and instant information anywhere in the world at any time.

Sometimes, when I look at what I'm working on, it gets me a little depressed to see how rudimentary (by today's standards) is. But I get excited when I see where it is going, and how it carries the future with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment